Monday, March 2, 2009

Relentless love

"How refreshing to know you don't need me. How amazing to find that you want me." Those are the words from a Casting Crowns song that have been going through my head for the last two days. I thank God that he doesn't need me, but at the same time I am always thankful that he wants me. Not that he has to have me around for anything other than his own enjoyment, but to know that he loves me and wants nothing more than to have a relationship with me that he will focus his immensity on me......Is there anything more pleasing than to know that the Father of fathers has acknowledged me as his son? Could I bring anything to him that he needs? I try and try to give him anything good that I have and it falls like rotting flowers before him. He wants me. That is all. Just me. Why? Why? Why? Is there an answer to this question or is it like trying to find one thing in an infinite space? I am thankful, truly thankful for one thing: There is no end to God's love. I have smacked God across the face, spit in his eyes and nailed him to a cross....yet there is no end to his love. He keeps coming after me. Relentlessly loving me. Why? To ignore him is to be in HELL. To follow him is to go through hell and come out a victor and a prince. Following Jesus, who loves endlessly, is no easy feat. I can no better become rich while I am a pauper. Nor can I love like him who loves me when I am without capability to love as he loves.

Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me?" He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep." How can I take care of your sheep lord? Please show me. Let me have answers so I can do your will as you did your father's will, even unto death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message and tell me what you think!